12 Asparagus spears (or an alternative)
1 Head radicchio
150g Washed rocket leaves
250g Blue cheese (Roquefort or Dolcelatte is also good)
25ml White balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
60ml Olive oil
- Firstly trim the asparagus, then heat up a griddle pan, drizzle over a little oil and char grill the asparagus for 5-8 minutes until just cooked, then cool.
- Next make the dressing simply by mixing the ingredients together well.
- Make the final preparations by de-stoning and cutting the nectarines into quarters and then in half again.
- Cut the bottom off the radicchio, discard and break into separate leaves. Mix the leaves, with a little of the dressing and arrange onto four plates.
- Then arrange the asparagus and nectarine pieces on top and crumble over the cheese.
- Finally drizzle with a little extra dressing.