Enjoy these delicious apple and coconut jars for a tasty breakfast or dessert.
5 South African Golden Delicious apples (4 to cook, 1 to slice for serving)
6-8 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. granola
4 tbsp. coconut yoghurt
20g dark chocolate, melted
2 chunks of crumbled dark chocolate
- Core and chop 4 apples into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add the apple pieces to a saucepan with 6 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until the apples become soft and are cooked. You may need to add more tablespoons of water as they cook – just make sure the apples don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the apples are cooked set to one-side to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- To serve: add a few spoonfuls of cooked apple to the bottom of your jar. A teaspoon drizzle of melted dark chocolate to each jar. Then add a layer of your favourite granola, top with spoonfuls of coconut yoghurt and finish with fresh apple slices, some crumbled dark chocolate and drizzle of dark chocolate.
Recipe created by Claire Swift & Sarah Biagetti aka Healthy Twists